Dhar Mann Studios: We are looking for a highly creative and detailed Set Dresser that can bring to life multiple in-house sets for our non-union productions.
The ideal person will possess a strong understanding of design with set dressing experience within the film industry. Ideally, the Set Dresser knows how to source and procure furnishings and dressings, as well as skillfully place and arrange them on set. This individual will be expected to analyze overall requirements and timeline specifications as needed for each set. Ultimately, they will be able to use their strong creativity, design judgement, and resourcefulness to decorate multiple environments while achieving the desired message, story, or mood. We create videos based on realistic scenarios so sets must be relatable and believable.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Working closely with our Set Decorator, Senior Production Managers, and Directors to achieve the desired look and feel within each set
- Setting up and decorating multiple sets (i.e. furniture, lighting, decorative items)
- Setting up both simple and intricate sets
- Acquiring needed set pieces and props within the budget restrictions
- Maintaining proper placement of set pieces to ensure the safety of performing actors and crews on set
- Maintaining clean sets and props area, as well as maximizing allotted space for current and future needs
- Communicating clearly with all necessary departments
- Creating inventory logs of all set pieces and props while maintaining meticulous organization using appropriate platforms (Skype, Monday.com, Google Drive)
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- A minimum of 2+ years working within the film industry as a Set Dresser
- Hands-on experience designing and decorating sets with a realistic aesthetic
- Comprehensive understanding of pre-production and production.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible work schedule that may include nights and weekends
- A valid driver's license
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
The Set Dresser will report to the Set Decorator
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Set Dresser has no personnel reporting directly to them
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All the action takes place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
This is a full-time role, schedule flexibility will be discussed during the interview
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month 'Discovery Period' in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set.