Academy of Art University has an immediate opening for a talented Set Dresser to support the School of Motion Pictures & Television.
San Francisco Bay Area
The Set Dresser will work with a team of faculty and students to design the sets and props that are used for learning as well as for film and television projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- · Maintain high quality standards in set design, scenic painting, dressing, props and other department functions.
- · Work with students and faculty to obtain information about production to execute their duties in a timely fashion.
- · Build, paint and modify sets and décor and improve environments for new projects.
- · Dress sets for each day's scheduled film projects
- · Execute touch-up and scenic painting and assist with remodeling as needed.
- · Ensure safety and organization; dust, sweep and arrange furniture.
- · Fabricate and manage props and prop room. Make recommendations for obtaining new props as needed.
- · Advise and creatively collaborate with students to create overall set and design for all projects as required.
- · Create and maintain an inventory of all set dressings, props and other elements of production design under the control of the School of Motion Pictures & Television.
- · Must have at least two years prior set dressing and design experience.
- · MFA in production design and/or related fields is highly preferred.
- · Must be physically able to lift and carry furniture and heavy objects up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- · Have moderate knowledge of basic scenic painting, carpentry, sewing, fabrication, and crafting work
- · Have strong work-ethic and a solutions-oriented mindset.
- · Must have solid time management skills and be able to organize priorities.
- · Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment.
- · Be able to communicate effectively and clearly with associates throughout the school.
- · Must be self-motivated, adept at multitasking and working independently.
- · Ability to follow direction well and make creative choices when necessary.
- · Highly organized and capable of meeting strict deadlines.
- · Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
* Please submit a professional portfolio of work along with your resume.
Day, Evening, Overnight