Walt Disney Entertainment is looking for applicants for Disney Live Entertainment Costuming Workroom Sewing Specialist positions for locations throughout Walt Disney World and our Off-Property campus.
Wardrober / Stylist
Orlando, Florida Area
Jul 27, 2022
The workrooms support all of Walt Disney World Costuming including Operations, Entertainment, and Characters, creating and maintaining garments and non-garments.
As a Sewing Specialist you will construct and maintain our legendary costumes by stitching them into existence for our Guests' dreams to come true. The Sewing Specialist makes safety their #1 priority.
- Complete alterations and produce garments according to due dates with exactness
- Maintain a premium quality of work to uphold Disney standards of alterations and garment construction
- Perform minor maintenance on assigned single needle lock stitch sewing machines
- Address concerns in the workspace and know when to escalate and partner with team
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment following standards and procedures while complying with Company guidelines including cleaning, sweeping, and organizing workspace
- Receive training on the use of several tools, industrial machines, and safety procedures
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, gloves, etc.) may be required at times
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Operate sewing machines with efficiency
- Work with all types of fabrics, including synthetic and natural fibers, fur, foam, vinyl, and leather
- Understand garment repair and construction instructions
- Comfortable working in areas where performers may be in multiple stages of dress/undress
- Push, pull, lift and carry 20 lbs., including overhead
- Climb ladders, stairs and work in several elevations
- Prolonged standing and walking long distances throughout the duration of shift
- Work for extended periods of high activity
- Flexible scheduling with seven (7) days of full availability including first/second shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Three (3) years of experience in garment construction or repair
- Experience operating home or industrial straight stitch sewing machines
- Experience operating specialized industrial sewing machines including overlock, blind hemmers, cover stitch, etc.