TODAY Digital, the multiplatform arm of America’s favorite morning show, is looking for a temporary editor to help execute our seasonal coverage during the 2022 holiday season.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 19, 2022
Sep 12, 2022
Dec 30, 2022
The temporary editor will be responsible for executing Shop TODAY’s holiday coverage, predominantly our gift guide slate, along with helping find new opportunities to expand coverage based on TODAY readers’ interests and shopping habits, retail trends and audience development insight. The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills, experience managing several freelancers at a time and a firm understanding of AP Style and SEO.
This is a short-term role that will last between September and late December. Candidates must be available to work 20 hours per week to begin, then expand to 40 hours a week during peak holiday coverage beginning in November.
- Assign and edit multiple Shop TODAY gift guides on a daily basis, covering a wide range of lifestyle categories across fashion, home, parenting, beauty and food.
- Discover new opportunities to expand gift guide coverage based on competitive analysis, audience development guidance, timely retail trends and the TODAY audience’s interests and shopping habits.
- Assist with pitching and writing seasonal coverage.
- Assist with tracking product launches for gift guide inclusions.
- Keep a close eye on shopping trends and discover new products that will resonate with Shop TODAY readers.
- Work across social and art teams to help package seasonal coverage.
- Experience in digital media, preferably with experience in ecommerce or lifestyle content
- Experience with managing multiple freelancers and writers with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced online environment
- Ability to write / refresh multiple articles per day, sometimes with a quick turnaround time
- Ability to follow an in-house style guide
- Experience writing or editing articles optimized for search, along with sourcing new story ideas based on search interest, a plus
- Familiarity with affiliate marketing platforms like Skimlinks, Amazon, Impact and Rakuten a plus