Set up, operate, and maintain the electronic equipment used to transmit television programs.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Milwaukee Area
Oct 13, 2022
Control audio equipment to regulate volume level and quality of sound during television broadcasts. Ensure integrity of station's on-air technical performance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform floor director and teleprompter positions during live and taped productions.
- Perform video receive and master control duties: monitor and adjust on air material within the automation system.
- Observes records and operates transmitter power and frequency readings.
- Set up and operate satellite and ENG receive equipment for recording programs, commercials or other feeds, capturing incoming feeds and other media.
- Set up and operate Ignite Automation system for News and other local material as instructed.
- Operate camera controls and maintain proper video levels.
- Mix on air audio for News and other local material.
- Set up and operate IFB systems.
- Perform necessary troubleshooting to all equipment including but not limited to News Ticker, Crispin Automation, Ignite, Chyron, lighting board and audio equipment.
- Able to write IQT's and manage disaster recovery.
- Perform other duties as directed by manager.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalency. Some college preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in broadcast television environment. Working knowledge of studio cameras, teleprompters and lighting. ENG/SNG/DSNG experience preferred but not required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Working knowledge of Master Control, video servers, scopes and switcher operation in a broadcast television station.
- Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and accuracy under deadline.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
Able to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.