Are you tired of the same old news formula? Eager to showcase your on-camera skill and bring a fresh perspective to the industry while working remotely? The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a National Showcasing Producer who can captivate audiences with their creativity, innovation, and flair for on-camera work in a unique way.
Live Event / On Location Services
May 08, 2023
As a National Showcasing Producer, you'll have the freedom to work remotely and produce, shoot, front, and edit compelling content that will air on streaming and broadcast properties in big markets across the country like Tampa, Phoenix, and Detroit.
In this role, you'll be responsible for producing and fronting timely, relevant, and captivating stories focusing on in-depth and enterprise topics. If you're ready to make a real impact in the industry, apply today.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Researches, develops, and plans content coverage for multiple platforms with a focus on Streaming. This may include live streaming or preproduced segments or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
- Writes, edits and fronts scripts.
- Works closely with other content producers as stories are produced for multiple platforms.
- Edits desktop video with Final Cut Pro X.
- Works with editors to utilize graphics and other tools to visually enhance storytelling.
- May lead special projects, conduct interviews, and enterprise original story ideas.
- May be involved in repurposing existing content to be showcased in a unique way.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years as a television news writer, producer, or MMJ with a background in enterprise or investigative journalism preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel law
- Solid understanding and demonstration of multimedia file formats and strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations.
- Must be a team player and adapt to developing situations quickly.
- Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgement and a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
- Some travel may be required.