Select, the online shopping destination across CNBC and NBC News, is looking for a social media editor to help manage a portfolio of social platforms and help expand our social strategy.
The Social Editor will help set a strategic vision for growing the presence and performance of commerce editorial content through multiple channels, including newsletters, apps and emerging social. The ideal candidate will have a passion for high quality service journalism and the drive to grow a new brand in a crowded market, as well as the ability to creatively package, edit and source video content that will resonate, grow and build social audiences.
The Social Editor will be responsible for daily optimization of commerce content, as well as growing our social presence on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and TikTok. They will be focused on creating social first storytelling for Select. We’re looking for someone with strong news judgment who understands social best practices and feels comfortable juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced media environment.
They should be able to translate data and analytics into actionable suggestions across platforms and work in close collaboration with the current Select social editor as well as teams across editorial, art, audience development, and business development to help grow the brand. Most importantly, they should have a good grasp on trends in the social sphere, how content performs on various platforms and the tactics used to grow and launch new social accounts for commerce editorial in a competitive space.
- Help manage the Select Facebook page and Instagram handle with an aim to grow traffic to article pages month over month
- Create social video content and oversee its evolution based on analytics and performance
- Monitor news and social space for editorial pitches
- Work with the commerce editorial team to adjust headlines and imagery as needed for maximum impact
- Help create and execute a strategy for launching on TikTok
- Identify and assign social content with affiliate partnerships in mind
- Participate in regular editorial meetings
- 3 years social experience at a major media brand, commerce experience a plus
- 1 years social video experience at a major media brand, commerce experience a plus
- Experience with TikTok
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Firm grasp of spelling, grammar, and punctuation rules (AP Style)
- Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to manage many different tasks at once
- Strong understanding of data, analytics and Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience in video editing, and packaging/publishing on social media accounts for a news outlet(s).
- Fluent in editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, AVID, etc.) and familiarity with After Effects and Photoshop preferred.