Univision News Digital is looking for a Social Media Editor to join our news team to oversee and grow a vertical through social media platforms.
This person reports to the Social Media Strategist and will work directly with editorial digital and linear teams supporting the distribution and the US Hispanic audience growth.
The Social Media Editor understands how every platform is different and how content needs to adapt to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube. The position requires a high level of creativity, communication skills, and passion for growth. You have a deep knowledge of the news industry, trends, influencers, creators and how to build a community. And he or she has a deep knowledge of the Latino community in the United States.
- Community management
- Responsible of managing social presence across platforms including and not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok.
- Develop a distribution strategy to maximize digital and native content exposure leveraging UCI’s extensive social media footprint
- Stay abreast of trending buzz worthy social trends to leverage accordingly on Univision content
Social Content Development
- Create multimedia content – from images to video for social visual storytelling adjusted to each social platform brand’s needs
- Create exclusive content parallel to the different show properties tied to objectives
- Create engagement content to support the different show properties and to
Communications and Reporting
- Keep a close eye on social media metrics and weekly reports for campaign tracking and reporting needs
- Work closely with production, digital and marketing teams to be aligned with editorial guidelines
- Regularly meet with production to adjust and develop day to day strategy
- Fluency in social media communications, including but not limited to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish, English)
- Minimum 2-3 years working with social media tools and platforms and managing communities for a publisher, media company or digital agency.
- Experience using community management platforms such as Sprout Social.
- Passionate for news