The iOne Digital Social Media team creates and distributes all content posted from iOne Digital brands.
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Oct 25, 2022
Under the oversight of the Senior Social Media Strategist, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for leading the creative and strategic planning and execution of content for HipHopWired and Cassius across all of our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), as well as developing a presence on new channels to communicate with our audiences.
The ideal candidate should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and audience engagement.
- Lead the creative development process and execution of social media campaigns across multiple platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest.
- Create weekly and monthly social media plans and work with the Senior Social Media Strategist to continuously update and optimize the social strategy to ensure priority brands and campaigns meet their digital growth goals.
- Responsible for live-tweeting and/or live event coverage on assigned platforms and posting on nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Write, schedule, and optimize daily content across multiple social platforms, working with editorial, social and audience development leads to expand and refine social strategies as needed
- Maintain editorial calendars and team publishing schedules and regularly prepare and share campaign highlight reports.
- Meets regularly with the editorial and video teams to plan engaging 360 content.
- Collaborate with other teams, like editorial, marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like campaigns, promotions and competitions.
- Assist the Social Director and Social Strategist in the creation of presentation, strategy, and recap decks.
- Serve as cross-functional partner to Sales, Creative, and Product teams so that our social strategy execution is in alignment with other team goals/KPIs.
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines
- 3-5 years of social media and content marketing experience
- Experience building aspirational and relevant social content for Black and multicultural Gen-Z and Millennial audiences.
- Has a love of Hip Hop music genre - old and new, and is keen on issues surrounding black men and their lifestyles.
- Hands on experience in social account management
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Excellent design, copywriting, fact-checking and storytelling skills
- Experience building and scaling brand social media accounts
- Candidates will have experience building communities across relevant social channels, including Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitch, Twitter, and emerging platforms.