The Social Media Video Producer/Editor will be responsible for leading the creative planning and execution of creating video content for all the iOne Digital Brands across all of our social media accounts.
The iOne Digital Social Media team creates and distributes all content posted from iOne Digital brands. Under the oversight of the Senior Director, Social, the Social Media Video Producer/Editor will be responsible for leading the creative planning and execution of creating video content for all the iOne Digital Brands across all of our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), as well as assisting to develop a deeper presence of social video on Youtube Shorts and TikTok across the brands.
The ideal candidate has a passion for creating social video content, and keeps up with the latest trends across all key channels. Individuals should be team-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and a self-starter mentality. They should be able to generate compelling visuals for our social media presences helping to ensure high levels of audience engagement. This is an amazing opportunity to demonstrate your social media prowess and further develop our audience within our priority social video platforms.
- The perfect candidate is a social-media-savvy video editor/producer who understands how and why people view and share videos online
- Proficient with all current social media platforms
- Experience in developing, producing, and editing natively made videos as well edit videos provided by 3rd party production teams
- Strong marketing and branding sense and able to toggle between brands with agility
- Using social and competitive insights, develop social-first video content strategy to grow our audience and userbase, with a focus on engagement and video views
- Experience with video editing programs such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, is a plus; as well as social video editing programs such as InShot, CapCut, KiraKira and others.
- A go-getter with a passion for doing things outside the box and innovating through social media
- Must have a keen ability to write creative and captivating content with a comprehensive understanding of video timing with respect to social media, thumbnailing and design; coupled with a desire to be factually consistent and correct with information going out
- Extensive knowledge of social media analytic tools and campaign analysis
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience in social media, film, video, photography, animation, content creation and related disciplines
- Experience building aspirational and relevant social content for Black and multicultural GenX, Millennial and GenZ audiences while staying on top of the latest trends in social, and share opportunities with cross-functional teams
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to deliver creative content in varied video sizes and formats adhering to the style and nature of each brand
- Excellent design, copywriting, fact-checking and storytelling skills
- Candidates will have experience building communities across relevant social channels, including Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and more.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross departmentally, maintain organized content plans and conceptualize a path for brand development and awareness. Skills include but are not limited to:
- Processing regular constructive feedback
- Identify and resolve issues/conflicts with diplomacy in a timely manner
- Practical understanding of anti-harassment and discrimination laws
- Ability to effectively participate in performance reviews, and enact corrective action plans as appropriate
**SALARY RANGE: $58,500 to $63,500**