Bloomberg’s QuickTake is seeking a social-obsessed video journalist to help shape our weekend news coverage, contribute to our core social platforms and create strong social video to reach new audiences.
Please note this is a weekend position, with a Wednesday to Sunday schedule.
During weekends, you will be responsible for identifying top stories and trending topics, monitoring breaking news and live events, and developing innovative ways to cover the news using video across various platforms. You will need to have strong editorial judgement, demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and be comfortable working in a fast-paced news environment. A passion for creative visual storytelling is key. You will be asked to produce content for, and upload to, our social platforms on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and specifically to produce content for Instagram and Instagram stories, through short-form video, text or photo. Previous experience managing social platforms is a plus.
During weekdays, the role offers an opportunity to collaborate with Bloomberg’s wider newsroom and journalists and to produce video content and short-form explainers for Quicktake’s streaming channel. You should have excellent communication skills, a knack for diplomacy and be comfortable collaborating with senior reporters on stories covering a range of topics including business, politics and technology.
In addition, you would deputize for the weekend team leader when she is away and be the weekend team’s main point of contact to the wider newsroom when needed. Leadership experience is not a must but this role offers an exciting opportunity to grow in this area.
You should have video production and editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro, as well as exceptional writing and copy-editing skills. You should have a remarkable ability to distill a 3-minute video or a 300-word story down to a single captivating sentence, engaging the reader and persuading them to view, reply, share, and like.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Identify, monitor and cover breaking news, live events and top global stories
- Pitch social-friendly video content, ranging from breaking news to explainers
- Write engaging social copy
- Provide copy-editing and accuracy checks for other team members
- Help lead breaking news coverage on our social platforms when the team lead is out
- Work with Bloomberg reporters to produce video reports and explainers
- Produce creative Instagram feed posts and IG stories on the weekend’s top news stories
- Upload and publish content to our social media platforms (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook)
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- At least 3 years experience working in a fast-paced digital news environment
- Experience covering breaking news; strong journalistic standards and editorial judgement
- Knowledge of social media best practices and what types of content works best across Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
- Video editing experience; proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro. A firm grasp of complementary Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop is an asset.
- Knowledge of current events, U.S. and global politics, economics, and a nose for news. You should have an understanding of and interest in Bloomberg Quicktake’s core topic areas
If this sounds like you, apply today!