Jacksonville State University: The Athletics Video Production Technician/Specialist is responsible for supporting the production and engineering needs of the university’s athletics broadcasting efforts.
Live Event / On Location Services
Jul 14, 2022
Aug 15, 2022
The Athletics Video Production Technician/Specialist is involved in all stages of the production process of live and recorded events/programs from pre-production to post-production: support to Athletics for events and video/message boards at Paul Snow Stadium: and technical assistance and workshops for the Department of Communications.
- Develops and creates professional video programming from concept to completion, including script writing, graphic design, non-linear editing, special effects creation and audio mixing
- Creates and designs production elements by using TV production hardware/software to convey information in a functional, appealing and artistic manner.
- Shoots and edits original, professional quality video footage for video projects. Records and mixes professional quality audio for video projects.
- Provides computerized cataloguing and inventory control of all the hardware and software used in these endeavors in order to ensure efficient utilization of all resources.
- Documents assigned projects accurately and completes necessary paperwork in relation to assignments.
- Supports the Communications Department through technical assistance and workshops.
- Supports the Division of Athletics with production and engineering assistance and technical support for electronic media including video and message boards at Paul Snow Stadium and production of other athletic related events.
- Interacts with university students, staff, and faculty for the purpose of training and/or professional video productions.
- Interacts with individuals outside the university, including businesses, civic groups and others in order to provide departmental services or offer technical assistance.
- Reads material encountered on the job, including journals, hardware/software manuals, university and departmental correspondence from outside the university, and scripts for video productions.
- Travels occasionally to participate in professional meetings with organizations and businesses, and to complete production assignments.
- Oversees all aspects of Jacksonville State’s athletic in-house broadcasts: coordinating student staff, set up and break down, graphics, directing, producing and instant replay.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two (2) years’ experience Two in the use of computer hardware and software in video and audio production applications and in the cataloguing and inventory control of equipment and media
- Two (2) years’ experience in the use of non-linear editing systems for the creation of video programming
- Two (2) years’ experience producing professional quality television programs or events
- Experience with emphasis in TV production, computer systems or graphic design
- Prior experience working in production of televised sports
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Official required upon hire)