KBZK, the Scripps-owned CBS affiliate in Bozeman, MT is searching for a Specialty Producer to join our team. The Specialty Producer produces compelling long and short form stories that will connect with the community across multiple platforms and may include investigative stories and special projects.
Jun 16, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Researches, develops, and plans investigative stories or special projects. This may include live or prerecorded newscasts/local programs and editing or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
- Writes and edits scripts.
- Works closely with MMJs, and/or investigative reporters and content producers as stories are produced for multiple platforms.
- May be responsible for tip line, emails, and responding to viewers.
- May lead special projects, investigations, conduct interviews or be called upon for undercover field work.
- Shoots still and moving video as needed.
- Edits desktop video.
- Works with editors to utilize graphics and other tools to visually enhance storytelling.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
- 5+ years as a television news writer or producer with a background in enterprise or investigative journalism preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel law.
- Solid understanding and demonstration of multimedia file formats and strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations.
- Knowledge and proficiency in posting content to television station websites.
- Must be a team player and adapt to developing situations quickly.
- Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgement and a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.