KMCC/ KTNV, The E.W. Scripps Company Ion Media/ ABC station in Las Vegas, Nevada, is searching for a Sports Senior Producer to join our team. The Sports Sr. Producer will create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
Live Event / On Location Services
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Jul 19, 2023
KMCC/ KTNV, The E.W. Scripps Company Ion Media/ ABC station in Las Vegas, Nevada, is searching for a Sports Senior Producer to join our team. The Sports Sr. Producer will create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. You may also play a key role in providing training to producers and associate producers to develop their skillset. You will research, develop, and plan stories that support the company’s content strategy. This may include live or prerecorded sportscasts/local programs and editing or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plan, organize and develop content on the defending Stanley Cup Champions, Las Vegas Golden Knights, and the growing sports scene in Las Vegas. Developing for all platforms. Responsible for producing special sports programs as needed, etc.
- Write story development and showcasing.
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors, news managers, producers, and assignment editors to determine content needs and storytelling direction for multiple platforms.
- Play a key role in providing training and coaching consistent with the content strategy to producers and associate producers to develop their overall skill set.
- Enhance content with graphics, video, research, and station branding.
- Execute time sensitive decisions.
- Oversee live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions.
- Perform desktop editing.
- Post content to station's web sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Generally, 5+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Ability and desire to train others
- Avid local sports consumer: know daily news, events, trends and happenings on a local level
- Strong vision and ability to advance stories
- Excellent interpersonal communicator
- Extraordinarily passionate about writing; courageous and creative storyteller with attention to even tiny details - choosing the perfect words, grammar, spelling
- Highly organized
- Highly adaptable - fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong self-motivation
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws and strong editorial judgement
- Able to use web analytics
- Proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus
- Flexible work hours may be required, including holidays, weekends and evenings