CBS News is looking for a Graphic Artists with broadcast news experience to join our NYC-based design group.
Greater New York City Area
Sep 01, 2021
We are seeking a Graphic Artist who collaborates with Creative Directors, Art Directors and the rest of the Design team to execute motion graphics for CBS News programs across the network. This person is a specialist in their craft and provides leadership and mentoring across the design team. They will be responsible for developing concepts and design and will work with the collaborative creative team to coordinate each project through to its completion.
The Senior Graphic Artist should have a solid working knowledge of Vizrt and Photoshop. A strong understanding of control room protocol and ability to prioritize conflicting requests from multiple sources at the same time.
Overview and Responsibilities:
- Concept key art & digital ideas for new and existing CBS News shows, and specials events.
- Deliver cohesive creative for multiple platforms such as video, digital and social.
- Keep up to date with design, illustration, animation, and new technology.
- Implement compelling, effective, and creative solutions
- The ability to generate and execute big, creative ideas for both Broadcast and Digital.
- Viz Artist expertise required – knowledge of additional Vizrt tools a big plus.
- Expertise in Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of After Effects, and Cinema 4D is a plus.
- Must have excellent typography and layout skills.
- Expertise in storyboarding and illustration a plus.
- Ability to work on several projects at once under tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills are essential for this role.
- Self-motivation and strong communication skills are important, as this position requires working closely with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Writer/Producers, and other designers.
- Must be comfortable communicating your work and ideas to the creative team.
- Must have a hands-on, collaborative spirit.
- BA in Graphic Design, Advertising, Animation, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of design and animation experience
- Experience in a Broadcast, live news/sports environment preferred.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
This WGA UNION role may require employees to work all shifts, with possible overtime, including overnights, weekends and holidays.
Day, Evening, Overnight