Peacock is looking for a highly organized, extremely focused, and process-oriented Senior Manager of Short Form Video. The ideal candidate will be skilled at navigating the fast-paced and constantly evolving sea of content requests our streaming video service requires.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing our growing portfolio of programs by maintaining Peacock’s short form video content supply chain – ensuring hundreds of on demand clips, highlights, and trailers are successfully provisioned and published to our platforms. You’ll also be relied upon to help triage technical issues that arise during publishing and to collaborate with operational incident management teams to address them as needed.
To excel in this role, you’ll need to continuously manage incoming content requests against key marketing priorities – often under deadline pressure. This commitment to timely program availability is critical to the promotion of our shows and plays an instrumental role in our success within the competitive streaming marketplace.
- Be a leader in the bi-coastal Short Form video team responsible for servicing and supporting the Direct to Consumer on demand video fulfillment supply chain
- Oversee the requesting and tracking of high priority trailers and clips from Peacock Originals, troubleshooting issues on an ad hoc basis
- Manage personnel resources including direct reports, contractors, and interns
- Create, maintain, and revise process maps, user stories, workflows, and standard operating procedures as needed
- Manage the execution of promotional landing pages for upcoming high priority release titles for Peacock
- Optimize and improve consistency of delivery and publishing cadences – implementing changes if necessary while adhering to syndication guidelines, compliance mandates, and marketing/promotional obligations and collaborating with other Editorial teams to ensure fulfillment as needed
- Manage the organization of the team’s Airtable base for Peacock Originals requests, including entering and tracking updates, additions, and changes to requested videos.
- Support testing needs in collaboration with Content Operations and Engineering to continuously improve our systems and discover potential issues to resolve
- Provision trailers that will appear on product by helping to upload video files, gather metadata and thumbnails, QC, and publish through a multi-system pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in video publishing/operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience with:
- Digital video file formats, encoding specifications, publishing workflows, governmental compliance standards and troubleshooting techniques
- Content management systems trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
- Minimum 3 years of experience with:
- Cross-functional tasks that interface with other teams
- Managing and tracking large ongoing projects
- Repetitive workflows with stringent servicing cadences
- MAM, DAM, and/or PAM services and technologies
- Experience with non-linear editing systems and Adobe creative suite – Premiere, Photoshop, and Encoder
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a variety of personality types, especially over instant message and email
- Composed approach to problem-solving – staying calm in high pressure situations
- Working knowledge of data transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
- Strong interest in media industry, particularly OTT streaming services
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Television industry experience preferred
- Experience distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
Salary: $100,000 - $125,000 (Bonus Eligible)
Fully Remote: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence.