CBS News is seeking a motivated Senior Producer for the CBS Weekend News to help manage a team of correspondents, producers and editors as they craft an informative half hour broadcast every Saturday and Sunday.
CBS News is seeking a motivated Senior Producer for the CBS Weekend News to help manage a team of correspondents, producers and editors as they craft an informative half hour broadcast every Saturday and Sunday. In addition, you will work two days each week at the CBS Evening News with Norah O’Donnell assisting as a control room producer and back-up line producer.
As Senior Producer, you help plan all editorial, build rundowns, approve scripts and visuals, as well as time and execute a visually compelling live broadcast in the control room each weekend and be part of the team producing the CBS Evening News each week.
Our ideal candidate has strong line-producing experience, excellent editorial judgment, and outstanding leadership skills. You are curious, composed and constantly looking for ways to innovate – and possess a relentless attention to detail and proficiency in AP style. You see the importance of and embrace cultural differences in the newsroom.
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer, Senior Broadcast Producer and other senior producers on editorial planning & staff assignments
- Create fast-paced, compelling newscasts under tight deadlines.
- Manage timing of the broadcast’s live rundown
- Communicate with anchors, correspondents and colleagues clearly and effectively
- Pitch and execute creative and innovative ideas for segments
- Coordinate graphics, writing, and all other editorial and production elements
- Understand new media and how best to utilize and share content
- Identify and mentor accomplished staff members, helping them grow as journalists and advance their careers
- Demonstrated ability to make editorial decisions under time constraints, while leading all aspects of production
- Deep knowledge of current events, politics, national and international news
- Exceptional understanding of broadcast news production
- Experience writing and editing package and live scripts for broadcast television
- Outstanding organizational, time-management and planning skills
- Previous experience in a live control room and managing a broadcast news rundown
- Must be able to work long hours and/or an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on news demands and staffing requirements is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study is preferred (or equivalent experience)