The Senior Producer will manage a portion of the Programming team and create engaging, topical content for live programming. The person in this role is also responsible for producing live and recorded programming, including writing and producing weather news shows, special graphics, educational
packages and all of the elements necessary for the live coverage of severe weather events.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 31, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-manage the team -- leading a team of producers and associate producers for Programming.
- Develop topical, engaging content on a daily basis.
- Supervise the segment producers for all live and taped segments, making sure our broadcast needs are consistently being met.
- Drive the team during severe and breaking weather coverage.
- Script day of air weather and news packages for broadcasts.
- Manage the control room during live broadcasts.
- Work closely with on-air talent; including on-air presentation, scripting and field production.
- Act as liaison with other TWC managers and departments; including the TWC Assignment Desk and Digital Teams.
- Live producing in a control room, including multiple live shots from various locations.
- Consult with Meteorologists during daily briefings.
- Oversee video acquisitions via satellite networks and other sources.
- Write promotional scripts and prepare video teases as needed
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Six years experience in television, with 3-5 years as Producer of live news programming, control room and production/development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, or equivalent knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Story-driven writing/producing experience
- Control room experience producing live news programs that contain live remote elements.
- Strong knowledge of current events; including news and business headlines
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable candidate to deal effectively with broad spectrum of personalities, styles and dispositions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work extremely well in collaborative environment
- Able to manage the repurposing and/or reversioning of various content
- Knowledgeable in developing and producing rich content/diverse programming for multiple platforms aimed at broadening the networks (on-air, broadband, et al) demographic appeal
- Strong strategic mind-set, with an ability to function well tactically
- Able to build and maintain strong professional relationships with production, post-production and on-air talent
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Able to make timely and appropriate decisions
- Must be able to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of television production techniques
- Direct experience in cable/broadcast network television and familiarity producing over-the-top products and digital media is preferred