WWL-TV, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in New Orleans is looking for a Senior Producer to lead our late news efforts. This person must be a creative, motivational, and up-and-coming newsroom leader.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New Orleans Area
Sep 26, 2023
WWL-TV, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in New Orleans is looking for a Senior Producer to lead our late news efforts. This person must be a creative, motivational, and up-and-coming newsroom leader. They will jump in and help lead breaking news coverage. If you are a visionary who can successfully identify great, impactful content and develop a roadmap to meet the goals of 9NEWS on broadcast, digital and social platforms, this position is for you.
- Create unique, urgent and emotion-evoking 10pm newscasts on a consistent basis
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air, online news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Work with the evening digital desk to identify content for WWL platforms
- Train and coach new producers and other entry-level employees, as needed
- Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by News Director, Digital Director, and Director of Content
- Applicants must have major breaking news experience, strong editorial judgement, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all platforms
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Strong organizational, motivational and communication skills
- 5+ years experience producing television newscasts
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.