The Senior Creative Video Producer will ideate, plan and creatively coordinate a large volume of video projects in support of the Star Trek franchise across digital platforms, including Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Lower Decks; Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Star Trek: Prodigy, and more.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a producer, project manager, people manager, as well as a passion for the Trek franchise! We are looking for someone to work with video production, social, and editorial teams to help execute video features tailored to each platform (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc), and oversee the creative planning and execution of the award-winning Star Trek digital video series: The Ready Room.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Keep track of trends in the digital landscape and suggest ways we can implement in our own content spaces.
- Create episodic content featuring behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, and other video assets.
- Track projects from conception to delivery, leading creative meetings, pitching ideas, organizing and capturing concepts in detailed briefs, creating descriptive content plans for editors, and tracking progress of projects through Asana.
- Manage comprehensive run of show documents, workflows, and other highly-detailed project management documents, juggling content for multiple Trek series at once.
- Manage the work of a contract researcher, and an associate producer.
- Produce marketing events and video packages for cons and other events.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to constantly evolve & refine workflow
- 7+ years producing video content in the entertainment industry.
- In-depth knowledge of all Star Trek series (knowledge of warp factors, starship classes, and your Barzans from your Betazoids).
- Experience video editing with Adobe Premiere or similar software.
- Experience conducting interviews with high-profile talent in various settings (live, junket, on location).
- Experience creating sponsored or branded content for advertisers, for clients, or in-house.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and follow through on projects with a special attention to detail
- Experience using team collaboration platforms like Asana, Trello, or JIRA.
- A passion for television and the entertainment industry!
- Enough Klingon vocabulary to get by on Qo’noS