The Staff Carpenters construct and install scenic elements for Juilliard productions and perform required maintenance for scene shop and performance spaces as detailed by their supervisors.
Greater New York City Area
Oct 11, 2022
- Construct scenery using industry techniques and materials.
- Build and install scenic elements from construction drawings or designer drawings as directed.
- Build and install scenic elements using safe and efficient techniques.
- Participate in strike of scenic elements.
- Implement basic safe rigging techniques for theater venues.
- Maintain equipment and facilities in the scene shop and Juilliard venues.
- Accurately track project usage of inventory items.
- Work at elevated heights on ladders, personnel lifts, in the grid, and on temporary structures.
- Follow safety guidelines for all Juilliard facilities and equipment.
- Work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Work run crews for Juilliard productions as needed
- Be on time and prepared for work when scheduled.
- Ability to work independently.
- Meet deadlines specified by Shop Managers
- Three years of scenery construction experience.
- Be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Previous experience in the support of opera, drama, and dance productions.
- Welding experience.
- Safe Theatrical Rigging
- BA in technical theater