CBSSports.com is looking for a creative team member who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
We want somebody who has a great working knowledge of all sports and sports gambling and can write any kind of sports story in an outside the box way with a fun and tongue-in-cheek voice. In this role, you will have your finger on the pulse of the sports world -- as well as the culture surrounding it -- and have the skills to report and write about it.
The hire will be responsible for the daily CBS Sports HQ AM Edition newsletter along with other duties. The person may be part of podcasts and video as well. The ability to synthesize information on complex stories and relay it quickly and efficiently to a passionate, invested sports audience is key.
- Author a daily newsletter that focuses on sports news, gambling and the culture surrounding both
- Formulate informed and entertaining analysis and commentary off the latest sports news and hottest topics
- Write about and create content around what is relevant and important to our CBSSports.com audience
- Forecast and anticipate trends in audience interest and consumption habits
- Driving audience to the newsletter and from the newsletter to other key CBS Sports HQ properties
- Write features that can range from fun and quirky to deeply analytical to informative
You have –
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a communications-related field (or equivalent training & experience)
- Minimum 5 years working in a journalism or writing-related field
- Experience with sports gambling content and research
- Experience working and writing in a content management system
- Newsletter writing experience preferred
You might also have –
- A strong portfolio of prior work in a similar field
- Demonstrated ability for strategic editorial thinking
- Schedule flexibility and the ability to work night and weekends if needed