Responsible for the installation and removal of cameras and temporary electrical power systems, lighting control systems and lighting instruments necessary for the making of stop-motion productions.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Greater Los Angeles Area
Candidates must be able to control still cameras with a high degree of operational and technical knowledge. This role reports directly into the show's Line Producers (LPs).
- Setting up cameras, lenses & tripods as required for stop-motion stages
- Lining up camera framing with appropriate lenses for shots based on animatic guide provided
- Setting up lighting equipment for each stop-motion stage
- Rigging and hanging backings on stages as required (i.e. sky rags)
- Ensuring all camera and lighting equipment is in working order and carrying out tests
- Maintaining equipment and equipment inventory
- Other tasks as required
- Two years’ experience in a similar role is preferred
- This position will require physical mobility: sitting, standing, walking, bending at waist, stooping with back and knees, concurrently bending or squatting, or kneeling (with one or both knees on floor), climbing stairs and ladders will be required
- This person must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Techs will frequently wear tool belts with a large variety of tools and a walkie-talkie attached, which can weigh as much as 12-15 lbs.
This is a non-union position.