We are searching for a Storyboard Artist to join our Vancouver/Kelowna studio team. Reporting to the Storyboard Supervisor, the artist will meet the aesthetic, creative, and technical quality stands of the production and in accordance with the production deadlines.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nov 14, 2022
What you will be doing:
- Exercise creative, inventive and compelling storytelling in accordance with the pre-established creative style and technical guidelines of the project.
- Review and adhere to the guidelines and instructions given by the Director and those set forth from the episodes which have already been completed.
- Be available for an In-House hand-out meeting with the Director and ensure that you have ample instruction and materials to begin your assignment.
- Storyboard the script In House as-written insuring that alternate suggestions have received prior approval from the Director before implementing any alternate ideas while also implementing director notes and revisions.
- Meet In-House project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by Director and the production department.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Actively participates in team / department meetings.
- Mentors and offers support to less experienced artists. Providing them with guidance and instruction in the area of department focus.
What you bring with you:
- 1 years’ experience as a Storyboard Artist on an animated series
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate
- Familiar with and have experience with 2D or 3D Animation pipelines
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character, and composition
- Working proficiency in English
Start date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Project-based contract
Work Hours: 40 per week
Hybrid Work Schedule: Remote work available
Weekly Wage: $1160/week to $1250/week ($29/hour to $31.25/hour)
- Extended medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matching RRSP