We have exciting new opportunities for Storyboard Artists to join our in-house team in Glendale, CA. Our Storyboard Artists translate script- or outline-based story ideas into clear and entertaining visual sequences.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 20, 2022
We are seeking candidates who are familiar with the television animation pipeline and experienced in drawing storyboards. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
Responsibilities: “What would you say you do here?”
- Collaborate with the Director and creative department heads to discuss storytelling direction, design requirements, and encouraged level of polish for each episode
- Pitch thumbnails or rough storyboards to these leaders
- Provide cleaned-up storyboards with attention to clarity and entertainment value
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Ensure storyboards align with the creative goals of the leadership team, deadlines, and storytelling objectives
Qualifications: “What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Shown ability to handle time and meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Storyboard Pro and/or Photoshop
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Desired Characteristics: “What can I offer?”
- At least 3 years storyboarding in television animation
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Ideal candidates will be able to provide storyboard samples