WLKY-TV has an opening for a production Studio Camera Operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure. Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of broadcast production operations.
Louisville, Kentucky Area
Nov 26, 2021
- Responsible for operation of television cameras for a live broadcast
- Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times
- Will also operate audio console at times, being responsible for all aspects of sound during fast paced newscasts and other projects as needed.
- Operate television studio cameras in a live production setting.
- Operate studio lights and change bulbs.
- Punctual attendance for shifts that can start as early as 4am.
- Work weekends and holidays as necessary, in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
- In-person attendance is required
- Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
- Experience using Windows-based computer software.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of robotic camera operation and audio is highly desirable
- Ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise on air is necessary.
- Knowledge of studio lighting.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
- College graduates with a communications degree preferred
- Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.