As the Studio Operator you will be a multi-skilled operator of studio equipment in a live broadcast and pre-recorded environment.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Feb 08, 2023
This is a full-time permanent role based in MELBOURNE.
Functions will include:
- Operating pedestal, jimmy-jib and portable cameras in a studio environment across a range of News and Entertainment programs
- Multi-skilled studio production duties such as Stagehand, Floor Managing, and basic Lighting and Sound Assist roles
- Rigging and de-rigging of television studio-sets and the maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning of studio sets & technical equipment
What are we looking for in a Studio Operator? What’s important?
- Minimum 3 years’ proven experience operating Studio pedestal cameras on live-to-air and pre-recorded television productions
- Strong ability to understand instructions and take direction in a high pressure and very fast paced environment
- Practical experience handling heavy equipment and television studio-set pieces
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, works well within both team and solo environments
- Very high attention to detail
- Strong organisational, problem-solving, communication and client-service skills
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift-work environment
- Proficient with basic PC use, Outlook email and MS Office suite.
Extra brownie points for:
Preferred but not essential experience operating jimmy-jib and off-the-shoulder portable broadcast cameras
Day, Evening, Overnight