Studio Technician II is responsible for ensuring smooth operation of technical equipment and services during programs. Performs all duties associated with operating the teleprompter, cameras, studio graphics and audio mixer for broadcast. Demonstrates proficiency in several areas and on at least two technical systems.
Audio / Music / Sound
Mar 16, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Ensures studio is prepared and set-ups are complete; assign and set-up mics for on-air talent and conduct mic checks; coordinate studio position/placement for live shows; operate tele-prompter and cameras during live and taped shows
- Operation of various technical equipment including, but not limited to, graphics systems, VizRt and Newsticker. Perform audio mixing, coordinate satellite feeds and monitor usage/charging systems
- Assist technical director with trouble-shooting technical problems and effectively resolves/removes roadblocks as they occur during production in the studio.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High School diploma or GED; Vocational or technical training preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Successfully performed related duties of Studio Tech I for up to one year
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical systems and floor operations
- Readily learns and applies training, new techniques and independent judgment
- Must be able to work a studio lift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Office Environment. Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
- Hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals or infectious diseases in work setting.