Disney Media Entertainment Distribution business is seeking an ABC News Studio Technician for our ABC News Digital platform.
The Studio Technician will work closely with show producers and the control room crew to ensure the quality of all live and taped shows by providing coverage for the Tech Manager, Audio Op, and/or Director as needed.
- Collaboration with Producers and Crew to create and organize production elements which include live shots, graphics, video elements.
- Coordinate and communicate with remote locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
- Operational knowledge in directing and programing in an automated environment.
- Operational knowledge on building switcher effects and automation templates to enhance/support production needs
- Operational knowledge of audio consoles and creating multiple discrete mix-minus feeds
- Support editorial & production staff on use of control room equipment.
- Candidates must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and exhibit a thorough understanding of automated technology and traditional broadcast technology.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
- Must have experience with video production, control room automation, audio consoles, intercoms, and digital media.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal and management skills and excellent communication. A jack of all trades with a strong leadership presence.
- Must have extensive experience within a broadcast environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of studio experience directing live Broadcast/Cable television
- Strong understanding of Audio/Video Routing and signal flow
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours (overnights, early mornings, weekends)
- Must have in-depth technical knowledge of News Room Automation & Newsroom systems (iNews and Ross OverDrive preferred)
- Knowledge of Calrec Audio Consoles preferred
High School diploma required
College degree preferred
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.