The AMC Networks Summer Internship Program provides undergraduate students with experiential learning opportunities that will help them prepare for a successful career in Media and Entertainment.
We want to be the place that finds the next great storyteller, the people who are going to change the game for our business. Our view is that the best place to start is through a robust and hands-on internship program. The AMC Networks Summer Internship Program provides undergraduate students with experiential learning opportunities that will help them prepare for a successful career in Media and Entertainment.
The program is open to students of all majors with a genuine interest and passion to pursue a career in the Media and Entertainment industry. Over the course of 10 weeks, students are immersed in an intensive internship experience working alongside the teams behind AMC Networks’ award-winning content from its networks AMC, BBC America, IFC, Sundance TV and WEtv, and its streaming services AMC+, Acorn TV, Sundance TV, Shudder and ALLBLK.
In addition to gaining hands-on work experience, interns have access to networking events and professional development workshops to ensure a well-rounded and meaningful internship experience.
The dates of our 2023 Program will be June 5th, 2023 – August 11th, 2023 and will consist of a 35-hour work week.
- Compiling daily press breaks
- Maintaining and updating publicity resources, databases, and internal press materials
- Assisting on-site at events, event logistics and travel itineraries
- Writing and occasionally liaising with journalists and outside vendors
- Researching publicity opportunities
- Organizing and gathering media assets, production documents, etc.
- Updating excel data pertinent to Awards entries & maintaining an Awards Season calendar
- Booking travel and glam for talent
- Work cross functionally with Production, Events, Corporate Communications as well as external vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Have proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong, proven potential leadership skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
Hourly Rate: $20.00 Per hour