Weigel Productions: From the first day, interns are given real-world, hands-on responsibilities. Working alongside a dynamic production staff, interns do substantial work in the world of busy, fluid daily production.
Greater Chicago Area
May 02, 2022
Interns are treated as professionals and given in-depth learning opportunities for those who want to see what producing daily television really means.
- This internship will support the program and post-production staff.
- Intern duties will rotate between video editing and graphic departments to help organize, assist and create original material. Interns report to heads of each department respectively.
- The intern will work up to 20 hours per week.
- All interns are paid.
- Weigel Broadcasting Co. does not subsidize housing.
- Organize Graphic and Edit Projects
- Coordinate between editors, writers, graphics team and producers
- Complete short video edits for Weigel Productions and studio production
- Research and prep video and graphic assets within the in-house archive and utilizing third-party archives
- Deliver finished projects and images by established deadlines.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Interns a required to adhere to Weigel Broadcasting Covid-19 vaccine and booster mandate
- Passion for visual storytelling
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Knowledge of Premiere and basic editing fundamentals
- Knowledge of basic animation fundamentals
- Understanding of motion graphics techniques using Adobe After Effects CC
If you have what we are looking for, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within the cover letter please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want an internship at Weigel Broadcasting?
- What are your career aspirations?
- What are your expectations for an internship?
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Compensated internship
- Tax-free Transit
- Discounted Parking Access
- Gym Membership Discount
- Convenient access to highways and public transportation
- One block from the aptly named Restaurant Row