MGM Resorts International: The Supervisor of A/V Services provides technical expertise and overall management of all forward facing digital media assets and technology, broadcast technology, and all aspects of video production during event and non-event times.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Feb 02, 2022
This position will ensure that Las Vegas Arena and Toshiba Plaza operate optimally at all times and that all patrons, clients, broadcast partners, promoters, and production personnel have consistent and first class experience with all arena digital content, audio, video, and broadcast technology. The Supervisor of A/V Services ensures all production activities performed are in accordance with the company’s business objectives, budget guidelines, mission statement, and core service standards.
- Provide technical and operational expertise for all the video, audio, lighting and production systems and equipment used for general venue and event presentation including but not limited to LED and IPTV systems, content creation and programming.
- Responsible for the oversight, management and support of the Cisco StadiumVision and all other AV applications throughout the venue.
- Manage and troubleshoot all arena production equipment and installations, demonstrating professionalism and the highest level of expertise.
- Provide day-to-day and event day operational management and support for arena presentation, ensuring Las Vegas Arena events are fully supported and executed timely and efficiently.
- Manage arena technologies used to deliver guest experience to Las Vegas Arena guests including, but not limited to: script creation / editing, zone and group manipulation, content ingestion, system health checks/verifications, system operations, and support for venue events.
- Display knowledge and understanding in how to configure and operate various types of equipment and applications, coupled with a broad understanding of the overall system topology (head-end configuration, Connected Stadium, Group & Zone assignments, etc.).
- Responsible for performing basic equipment maintenance and administration as well as performing basic troubleshooting across the overall arena production system to identify issues impacting standard operations.
- Represent department in production meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for game day/event production assignments and supervision of game day A/V operators for all LVA events.
- Manage scheduling and payroll for part-time A/V techs.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all arena personnel and external clients.
- Liaises and collaborates with tenants and all event promoters to ensure all facets of the arena’s A/V system are running at an optimal level to ensure efficient execution for all events.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity in venue operations and/or Live Event/TV production.
- Ability to effectively manage production workflow as well as a live control room production environment.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with local fire and police departments and other government entities.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced technical proficiency in A/V systems and production control room technologies.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, plus at least 3 years of progressively responsible positions and/or post baccalaureate experience in related field.
- Specific experience as it relates to video/scoreboard production in a 16,000+ seat sports and entertainment facility; managing event production infrastructure for sporting and entertainment arena events.
- Working knowledge of and experience with live sports and entertainment production environments, professional broadcast control room equipment, complex digital distributed sound systems, digital signage and IPTV solutions.
- Working knowledge of systems like Cisco StadiumVision, Daktronics Venus and Show Control systems, non-linear editors, audio, video, and lighting control systems, and familiarity with content creation software, like the Adobe Creative Suite and 3D motion graphics software.
- Working knowledge and previous experience working with NBA, NHL/AHL, NCAA (hockey and basketball), FELD Entertainment, AEG Live, Live Nation and other concert and family show promoters.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.