As a Producer, you will oversee the planning and production process, creative development process, financial management, design implementation, client interface, and all other aspects of show development for entertainment theatrical productions, events and experiences across the Disney Cruise Line fleet, island destinations and or new build/fleet expansion.
Live Event / On Location Services
Orlando, Florida Area
Mar 27, 2023
You will guide the show development, technical, and production teams to ensure execution of creative intent. You will also continually monitor project status as to timeliness, schedules, budgets, scope, updates, meetings, and adjust as necessary to keep on time, on budget and on creative target.
You will report to the Managing Producer.
- Lead the team through successful development, feasibility, design, production and delivery of Disney Cruise Line theatrical and family entertainment experiences.
- Understand the big picture, know the stakeholders and leverage partnerships.
- Function in a leader of leader capacity to both direct and indirect reports, both in person and remote settings.
- Work closely with the show/creative director, always looking for ways to support creative vision, innovation, and immersive storytelling with a focus on eliminating barriers for the entire team.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and making creative/design compromises where necessary.
- Partner with and support the cruise director and operations support team in maintaining the Guest experience during product installs and rehearsals.
- Accountable to the financial success of assigned projects including securing of funding through capital requests, operational funding requests, communication of operational expense impacts and leadership of the production manager who is responsible for the financial details.
- Communicate project concepts and key information to all levels of leadership, always mindful of company-wide efficiency efforts and targets.
- Provide leadership, guidance and Cast Member support to all members of the project team and must be able to provide concise and clear direction to achieve project goals.
- Champion for safety, for environmental stewardship, for inclusion and other corporate initiatives, ultimately enhancing the Guest/Cast Experience and driving business results.
- Champion a culture and environment aligned to Disney Cruise Line and Disney Parks Live Entertainment business goals and expectations.
- Travel extensively for assigned projects.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a strong, diversified team leadership role in entertainment show production, live event production and/or technical disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience.
- Core knowledge and familiarity with theatrical technologies, i.e. Lighting, Special Effects, Pyrotechnics, Audio, Projection, Show Systems, Costuming, Set Design and Construction.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, organize, provide direction and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, spreadsheet and presentation software, Microsoft Outlook, including collaboration tools and file sharing programs with demonstrated willingness/ability to learn new software applications.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and ability to lead conflict resolution with proven successful experience in team building and cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to champion continuous process improvement.
- Effective problem-solving skills, enhancing the success of each project.
- Proven strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills, including ability to communicate knowledgeably with multiple partners at multiple levels, including site, domestic, and global executives.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, delegation and partnering skills.
- Strong business knowledge of budgets and schedules.
- Trusted and respected leader that guides with integrity.
- Willing to take risks and adjust as needed to the desired outcome.
- Ability receive and deliver honest, actionable and credible feedback to team members, as appropriate.
- Willingness to travel extensively on various domestic and international assignments as needed for Disney Cruise Line and related projects.
- Available and willing to work weekends, holidays and third shift, as needed.
- Knowledge of Entertainment Production and Operations in a professional theatrical, cruise line or theme park environment.
- Fluency in any other language is a plus (German, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in theater, design, entertainment, or equivalent.