Instagram is looking for someone to join the Instagram AR Design Team as a Technical Artist.
AR Design is responsible for creating new AR experiences, pioneering new AR Capabilities, designing creative tools for the Reels surface and supporting Metaverse initiatives. As a Technical Artist, you will be involved in every aspect of the content development process, from conceptualizing new experiences to designing incremental features and capabilities in our products.
Technical Artist - Instagram AR Design Responsibilities
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, Art Directors & Quality Assurance, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from conception to launch. Providing post-launch design support as well.
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from the artists through to deployment.
- Be well versed in various real-time content creation disciplines including 3D modeling, texturing, materials, lighting, rigging and animation.
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices.
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop, prototype, and test new features, and provide useful feedback during all phases.
- Diagnose and fix technical issues.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross functional leads.
- 5+ years of professional studio experience working as a Technical Artist in the gaming or film industries.
- A link to an online portfolio or demo reel showcasing relevant work (Include link on your resume). Portfolio should demonstrate technical skills as well as a keen eye for design.
- Experience implementing 2D and 3D assets in real-time engines, such as Unity3D or Unreal.
- Experience with a content creation software such as Maya/Blender, Photoshop, ZBrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter.
- Shader authoring experience.
- Experience with creating and managing 3D character rigs.
- Experience in real-time content authoring (characters/environments/VFX/animation/lighting).
- Experience in shader languages (GLSL, ShaderLab, HLSL).
- Experience in pre-rendered CG techniques (modeling, rendering, lighting, animation).
- Experience in Spark AR, SparkSL or other augmented reality environments.