ILM is currently hiring Technical Assistant at all levels and often in multiple locations. The Technical Assistant is primarily responsible for managing internal computer and storage production resources.
ILM is currently hiring Technical Assistant at all levels and often in multiple locations. You may not see your specific career level advertised online, through the process you and your recruiter will work together to find the right role that combines your unique experience and career goals.
We are hiring across all levels for this discipline
The Technical Assistant is primarily responsible for managing internal computer and storage production resources. You will work very closely with artists, production, and other technical staff to ensure resources are allocated appropriately and used in the most efficient manner possible. Working closely with production, TAs are afforded the opportunity to learn the artistic workflows, pipelines and tools first-hand.
What will you be doing?
- Prioritizes overnight renders on both Linux.
- Coordinates processor allocations with Production and balances processor demands within show, between shows, and as a share of facility pool.
- Monitors processor and file server utilization and health of jobs in the farm throughout the day and overnight.
- Identifies problem shots and works with artists and CG supervisors to fix issues.
- Monitors disk usage for the facility, with a particular focus on individual shows, and on a shot-by-shot basis within those shows.
- Manage reference materials through our internal image library system. This includes uploading/removing images and provide assistance when users encounter issues with the system.
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
- A relevant years of work experience
- Proven ability and experience working well in teams
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent computer skills with good knowledge in Unix/Linux environment
- Strong programming and scripting experience; Python
- Strong analytical and organizational skills