The Technical Media Producer's general responsibility is directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WIS's on-air streams, transmitter, FCC logs and ingesting daily programming and commercial inventory. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for our digital content.
Columbia, South Carolina Area
Mar 15, 2022
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily work with the following platforms: Ross Overdrive automation, VizRT graphics, Panasonic PTZ cameras, and supporting equipment in the control room. Applications of these skill will include effectively operating robotic camera controls, prompter operation, audio operation and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
- Monitor and manage FCC program & transmitter logs and to comply with FCC broadcast regulations
- Various Master Control duties including completing dub lists, log changes, receiving network feeds, monitoring all on-air channels, etc.
- Work with AP ENPS, newsroom computer system.
- Prep Media for news as needed.
- Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Training of new personnel as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Great communication and people skills.
- Operating knowledge of PCs and graphics computers.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule. Position may include late nights or early mornings and weekends.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Good or corrected hearing and vision.
- Good English-speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly.