The successful candidate will direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for a multi-network hub.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WXIX-TV, FOX19 NOW, is the FOX affiliate serving Cincinnati and the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana tri-state area, the nation’s 37th DMA. FOX19 NOW, the station that’s “Always Local, Always Now,” produces over 61 hours of News per week. FOX19 NOW is the leader in Morning News with local coverage from 4:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. each weekday The station airs early evening news 4 to 7 p.m. weekdays and the market’s #1 (A25-54) late, local News starting at 10:00 to 11:30 p.m. FOX19 NOW’s community involvement includes The St. Jude Dream Home, The Alzheimer’s Association, The Pink Ribbon Girls and Special Olympics of Northern Kentucky, among others. We’re proud to serve the community on multiple platforms, and broadcast some of the most popular programming in the Tri-State, including NFL on FOX, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy! and the FOX prime time schedule.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- The successful candidate will direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for a multi-network hub.
- Candidate will be responsible for operating Ross Overdrive production video switcher to direct live news broadcasts and pre-produced content
- Candidate will operate master control switcher, Crispin automation, VizRT graphics, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control
- Candidate should have the ability to effectively perform the following: Code and execute local live production with Ross Automation. Commercial and program ingesting/segmenting a must
- Preference is given to someone with an understanding of FCC broadcast regulation
- Relevant work experience helpful.
- Successful candidate should be dependable, well organized, be able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work calmly under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Minimum 1 year of television production experience preferred.
- Variable work schedule will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Pre-employment drug screening.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.