WXXI Television is looking for a talented Digital Media Coordinator. The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for creating, disseminating, and analyzing the effectiveness of web content across platforms, including social media, email, websites, and apps.
Rochester, New York Area
Jun 07, 2023
WXXI Television is looking for a talented Digital Media Coordinator. The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for creating, disseminating, and analyzing the effectiveness of web content across platforms, including social media, email, websites, and apps. The Digital Media Coordinator works with and partners with the television department managers/producers and the creative services department.
The Digital Media Coordinator position is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Television Executive Producer. The annual salary for this position is $45,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps to communicate about WXXI television productions/initiatives to diverse audiences.
- Works to ensure the highest level / most current standards for accessibility of all digital content (i.e., WCAG 2.1 and ADA Title III).
- Develop, implement, and monitor social media platforms' content and strategies.
- Able to think outside the box and come up with creative content ideas.
- Create short-form video and multi-media posts and content to promote WXXI productions and grow an online audience.
- Create regular, consistent social media posts across platforms to increase web presence.
- Assist with the facilitation of events and meetings both in-person and virtually.
- Capture content during events, shoots, and recording sessions.
- Analyze data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives.
- Create reports for statistics and metrics.
- Prepare purchase orders, process invoices, and credit card reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in a related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how to optimize content for each platform (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- Experience using content calendars and scheduling posts.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, virtual meeting platforms, and project management tools (i.e., Trello, AirTable)
- Strong understanding of graphic & web design principles
- Proficient in using online marketing tools (Canva, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Facebook, and Google Ads)
- Excellent communication skills, organizational habits, the ability to learn quickly, be proactive/ innovative/ driven/ positive/ energetic/ honest/ creative.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-team collaboration.
- Demonstrates skill in understanding cultural differences.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
Min Experience: 1-2 Years