The Temp Assistant Editor for Digital Video will manage media and output finished assets for AMC.com and other digital platforms.
Greater New York City Area
Jun 09, 2022
They will report to the digital video director and will be responsible for supporting editors as well as keeping deliverables and footage flowing through the group’s post-production process. This candidate must have strong proficiency in Avid and excel at handling a large volume of media on strict deadlines. Must be able to handle tasks with limited supervision.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ingest/Sort/Label raw footage for use in cuts
- Create/Organize Avid projects with relevant materials for editors
- Digitize footage
- Locate and output footage for interdepartmental requests
- Prep and QC video files for distribution
- Assist in GFX creation and application
- Create splits and backups
- Create thumbnail images
- 1-2 years post-production experience in film, television, and/or digital video
- Avid and Interplay proficiency is required
- Familiarity with digital/web publishing a plus
- Photoshop a plus
- Adept at technical and creative problem-solving
- Communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks