We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who can solve complex design and communication challenges for our entire suite of digital products.
We’re looking for someone who can not only design a beautiful, elegant experience, but one that functions seamlessly for the customer. Executing this successfully will not only make our customers happy, but also our internal stakeholders.
The AMC Networks digital portfolio currently includes:
- Ad-supported streaming for AMC, BBC America, IFC, Sundance TV, and WE tv apps
- Ad-free On Demand streaming for Shudder, Sundance Now, IFC Films Unlimited, and AllBlk apps
- Ad-free premium streaming bundle with AMC+, available on our B2B partner platforms.
The Ideal Candidate
You love human psychology in all its intricacies and how product design can please even the most finicky minds. You love entertainment, and you believe that design and technology will transform the way people are entertained. You love how consumer feedback, data, and analytics can lead your team to innovation. And you have fun doing it, because at the end of the day, you’re a fan too.
- Understand the multiple consumer segments for AMC digital products including ad-supported programming with TV provider, in addition to our ad-free services.
- Lead the design of multiple workflows of AMCN products across all platforms.
- Use market segments, personas and consumer audiences, and real-time data to inform design decisions and future product roadmap initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing, Ad Sales, and Customer Relations to inform product design.
- Partner with Product Strategy and Engineering to design product enhancements and rollout plans across platforms.
- Mentor junior members of the team to learn the requirements of next level roles.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience in product design
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design thinking and UX/UI for cross-platform experiences (mobile apps, responsive web, TVOS apps, OTT)
- Experience in designing apps for TV, video streaming and/or interactive gaming a plus
- The ability to translate business goals and KPIs into smart, tactical design solutions
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Understands how to create a Design Language System
- Experience with working in an Agile Development Environment
- The ability to construct polished, beautiful UI/prototypes via Figma (required)
- Outstanding communication with Engineers to get designs from pixels to code
- The ability to articulate design concepts to various stakeholders with confidence
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team