As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Texture Artist to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Feb 17, 2023
- Works independently and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor, Look Dev Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Mentors Junior and mid level Artists.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience
- At least three years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least five years of relevant professional VFX experience.
- Demo reel and portfolio illustrating understanding and experience in painting, illustration or design.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Proficient in Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools
- Ability to navigate complex pipelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Modeling skills a plus.
- Katana/Look Dev knowledge a plus.