The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program.
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
True Trainee Program Summary:
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization firsthand. The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. The program dates are September 2021-May 2022.
A quick summary about the Video Production Trainee role:
This role will report to Sr. Editor/Producer for Hawks Studio, but support the entire Video Content department to help create awesome content for all of Hawks Studios' many clients. This individual will be responsible for assisting with concepts, shooting, editing, mixing, and delivering original pieces of content. This role will also be responsible for logging clips, archiving footage, and creating video packages for partners. This individual will have the creative and technical skills to see projects through from start to finish. They must be comfortable collaborating with other department heads, editors, and producers as necessary.
What the Video Production Trainee will be responsible for:
- Conceptualize, produce and edit video content for The Atlanta Hawks.
- Develop and execute motion graphics using Adobe After Effects
- Tag and Log video footage
- Assist with content production by shooting, audio mixing and lighting as needed.
- Exhibit compelling and attention-getting creative through all content and platforms.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and voice.
What the Video Production Trainee needs to have:
- Post Grad (recent college graduates within 24 months of graduation).
- Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following: television, radio, film, sound and other new media arenas.
- Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information carefully and with sensitivity.
- Intermediate knowledge Adobe of Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Experience with file-based production and post-production workflows
- Experience shooting with professional-grade Cinema Cameras
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
- $15.00/hour plus overtime
- Game tickets during Hawks season (as available)
- 50% discount on Atlanta Hawks merchandise
- Medical, dental and vision coverage option
- Holiday Pay (5 major holidays)
- Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the Trainee. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
- Reliable transportation is also needed
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!