We’re looking for a writer to help grow MSNBC Digital’s Blog team. You will report to the team’s senior editor and work closely with other digital editors and writers to drive the conversation and attract new audiences to MSNBC, with a focus on breaking and trending topics.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 27, 2023
We’re looking for a writer to help grow MSNBC Digital’s Blog team. You will report to the team’s senior editor and work closely with other digital editors and writers to drive the conversation and attract new audiences to MSNBC, with a focus on breaking and trending topics. You will have excellent judgment, a deep understanding of journalistic standards and a track record that proves you can hew to the standards of the NBCU News Group.
You will have superb editing skills, an understanding of what stories in the politics and culture spaces are most important, an eye for entertaining and unique angles, and a proven track record of success in a fast-tempo newsroom.
What you will do:
- Write concise, compelling takes on the day’s breaking and trending news
- Collaborate across editorial and platform teams to optimize reader engagement
- Contribute to MSNBC live blogs as needed
- Establish and meet NBCU News Group’s rigorous Standards and Legal guidelines
- Read widely and stay abreast of the competition
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant working experience
- 3+ years working in a newsroom environment, breaking news experience preferred
- 2+ years working in a strictly digital shop
- Must be willing to write on a broad spectrum of topics
- Must be able to file quickly and often, depending on the day's news cycle
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
- Must be professional, organized and nimble working across teams
Salary range: $75k-100k.