The Motion Picture Labs is looking for a VFX Compositing Supervisor to lead the VFX Lab, an internal department of the Motion Picture Labs, which provides all productions access to a 3rd party, scalable, visual effects service.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 28, 2022
You will help trouble shoot shots and requests coming to the Plates Lab, and work directly with the shows and creatives determining their needs, and communicating how the service works and what it can provide for the show.
You’ll report to the Manager, Image & Color at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, CA.
- The day-to-day maintenance of the VFX Lab, an internal department of the Motion Picture Lab, which provides all productions access to a 3rd party, scalable, visual effects service.
- The technical review of shots, to either pass on to production, or to provide direction to the vfx vendor what changes are required to do so.
- Facilitating the introduction of the department and 3rd party vendor to new productions, determining their needs, and communicating how the service works and what it can provide for the show.
- Working with the MPL Development and Production Technology Team for on-going pipeline development and troubleshooting.
- 5+ Years professional working experience in the Visual Effects Industry as a compositor with some lead and/or compositing supervisor experience.
- Experience with Nuke & RV among other vfx industry-standard applications.
- Experience with Shotgun and Filemaker Databases.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- A solid understanding of color and camera workflows for film & television production / post-production as well as general visual effects pipelines.
- A general understanding of development (programming) workflows, and familiarity with the use of a database.