TheGrio is looking for a Content Manager to handle the publishing and optimization of original content for all platforms.
This candidate reports to the director of theGrio’s Video Team. They ensure that editorial news packages and video content are distributed on deadline. They use best practices and align with theGrio’s digital video strategy.
We’re looking for a Content Manager that understands the dire need for original videos about Black culture and is enthusiastic about finding ways to amplify those stories. A strong passion for Black news and knowledge of issues impacting Black communities are necessary.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience coordinating content delivery for digital audiences. Candidates with graphic design/Photoshop skills are preferred. A current portfolio demonstrating ability is a plus. This position is based in Atlanta, New York, or Los Angeles.
- Write engaging headlines and copy for video on content for all platforms, including website, streaming, and all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok)
- Create engaging, high-quality thumbnails for various platforms
- Optimize video content and metadata for SEO and engagement across all platforms
- Coordinate with production to ensure timely delivery of videos for publishing
- Coordinate with the editorial team to amplify video projects
- Monitor analytics of new and existing videos to identify opportunities for repackaging
- Manage video programming calendar
- Be collaborative, coachable, and open to feedback
- Ensures all of theGrio’s video content maintains the highest journalism standards and practices
- Reviews banners and teases for writing style, accuracy, and fact-checking
- The willingness to work the hours necessary to meet deadlines, including occasional night, weekend, or holiday hours
- Up to date on news and current affairs about Black America and the diaspora.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Keeping abreast of current events, politics, pop culture, music, lifestyle, and sports news
- Up-to-date on Twitter trending topics, internet, and meme culture
- 1-2 years of experience managing high-quality video content for a digital publisher
- Knowledge of YouTube Studio, Facebook Creator Studio, and Twitter Media Studio preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and works well under deadline pressure
- Highly organized in the curation of project files and archives
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, multi-tasking successfully
- Ability to work in a breaking news environment
- Infallible attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of current events
- Preferred candidates will live in or be willing to relocate to New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, or Washington, D.C.
We are the #1 Black-owned, digital video-centric news platform devoted to providing Black America with compelling stories and perspectives.
Established in 2009, TheGrio is a trusted voice in the Black community. In 2022, we're continuing to reshape media narratives, uplift Black voices, and report from the front lines of our communities.