Central Video is hiring a Video Editor to join our video team! This person must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment and be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
The right candidate will use their creative eye and organizational skills to help us create video content with a fresh, nuanced, and inclusive perspective. This person will have a key role in shaping the story for videos in a wide range of topics, including social justice and politics, beauty, pop culture, relationships and more.
- Use Adobe Premiere to edit videos for any social platform. Knowledge of broadcast edit standards highly recommended and a special interest in color correction/grading, preferred.
- Participate in group brainstorms for shoot pre-production.
- Work closely with producers to maintain high production value and make recommendations on how to accomplish this.
- Understand and implement best practices for media storage and work in an organized manner.
- Take notes and direction from producers and post supervisors to implement feedback quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere. Knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop would be useful.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work calmly under pressure are essential!
- Keen sense of trending content and editing styles throughout digital media and film.
- 3-4 years of hands-on post-production experience, preferably within both broadcast and digital media and film.
- Strong understanding of production and post-production workflow as well as social media/broadcast/streaming platform deliverables.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including experience troubleshooting media storage and Adobe Creative Suite issues. Color grading/correction skills are highly preferred.
- A knowledge of camera operation and shooting would be a huge bonus, but this role will be primarily editing.
All candidates must submit a reel or portfolio including samples of work with the application.