TEGNA has an immediate opening for a Video Editor with strong editorial judgment and video storytelling skills to join the growing VERIFY team.
VERIFY is a news brand dedicated to stopping the spread of misinformation and answering our audience's questions about what's true and false. Since being created by a group of TEGNA journalists in 2016, VERIFY has grown into a popular daily franchise that airs across TEGNA's 51 local newsrooms and digital properties. In 2021, TEGNA expanded VERIFY to include dedicated digital products, increased TV production and a robust social media presence. The Video Editor must be able to take a story from concept to publish, including research, script writing and editing.
- Conceptualize and edit daily and weekly VERIFY videos for use across multiple platforms including long form digital-first video projects like OTT shows or thematic roundups.
- Produce/edit quick turn VERIFY videos for major live news events like debates, speeches, etc.
- Identify and pitch story ideas that fit the VERIFY brand and format
- Collaborate with audience team to optimize and distribute VERIFY content across multiple platforms
- Evolve the VERIFY storytelling format to fit new platforms while staying true to VERIFY's brand
- Perform other tasks as required by the VERIFY team
- Impeccable news judgment and journalistic integrity
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent experience in the field
- Two to three years of experience working as a producer / editor; experience in a fact-checking role preferred
- Adobe Photoshop and Premiere a must, After Effects preferred
- Strong writing and video production skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take direction well, but also motivated and capable of handling a project from start to finish
- Experience with OTT platforms a plus
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%