Video Editor will be responsible for cutting interviews, interview clips, music performances, town halls, in-studio and Zoom interviews, short newsy segments, archive material.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 13, 2021
Work within a scalable workflow for producing multiple clips per day/per editor as we cover all that happens in SXM Studios and remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sure all video they create meets overall look and feel of SiriusXM video.
- Work within scalable work flows for editing clips on multiple platforms, including the current remote environment, in timely fashion.
- Oversee editing process from video creation to video publishing.
- Collaborate with a video producer assigned.
- Work closely and collaboratively with radio, marketing and press teams to deliver video that works for those teams.
- Ensure on-time delivery and distribution of content to designated OVP, digital, social, linear and syndication partners.
- Edit original clip and long form content including potential multi-cam live studio shows.
- Develop storytelling and narrative arcs for archive, curated, live stream, unscripted and scripted originals .
- Help create our social media presence by versioning spots for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Help manage SXM video inventory and storage.
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years editing experience (music and interview based experience preferred).
Requirements and General Skills:
- Superior organization skills.
- Possesses a strong editorial eye for developing creative and strategic video programming.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and influence to meet content objectives.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment; effectively manages stress and emotions under pressure.
- Prior experience working with high profile talent and celebrities.
- Familiarity with video publishing.
- Familiarity with metadata best practices.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; excited about the future of digital content and next generation video services.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Strong knowledge of PC based workstations.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- Proficiency with other Adobe Software, such as After Effects and Photoshop.
- In-depth knowledge of video editing workflow, formats, codecs, plug-ins.
- Knowledge in sound design software such as Audition or ProTools is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to shoot video and light.
- Should have familiarity with running robo-cams and operating the New Tek TC-1 (Tricaster)
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!