CBS News is looking for an experienced video journalist to join our team. A successful candidate should have a background in broadcast journalism, be passionate, able to bring ideas to the table, have good editorial judgement and exceptional communication skills.
London, United Kingdom
Jun 15, 2022
What will you be doing?
- Shooting elements and interviews and composing off-air reports for breaking and feature new packages for all CBS News platforms in a timely manner.
- Liaising with CBS News correspondents, producers and television crews to ensure the best quality reporting is upheld and all team members are appropriately informed.
- Interviewing (asking questions) for necessary content.
- Feeding television material to different locations, using LiveU or similar compression system.
- Producing CBS News live reports from the field as breaking news warrants.
- When necessary, editing material for transmission.
- Producing edited news pieces in the London Bureau when necessary.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to use LiveU or similar compression system
- Basic editing skills
- Editorial judgement which is proven to be balanced and objective when making decisions.
- Good organisation, prioritising and planning skills
- Proven experience working in broadcast journalism.
- Flexible mindset and ability to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change.
- Self-starter - pro-active, motivated and can work unsupervised if needed.
- Enjoys learning on the fly
- Passionate and committed to news
- Sense of urgency, acting fast when needing to and alerting the necessary people
- Thrives in a busy, dynamic, sometimes pressurised newsroom
- Is calm and decisive but not afraid to ask for help if necessary
- Interpersonal savvy –excellent communicator to all people internally and externally
- Team player and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of diverse people.