Arizona Public Service: We’re looking for a creative, energetic, self-driven communications video producer to create engaging, entertaining and informative content for APS’s diverse employee audience.
This hands-on position often requires going to where the story is – in the field with our line crews, in our bustling call centers, to our power generating stations, and elsewhere – to tell the stories of APS employees and the critical work they do every day. The ideal candidate is a versatile video producer and multimedia storyteller capable of gathering the footage, information and insights needed to produce clear, honest and easily understandable content for our employees. The successful candidate will also produce compelling and visually pleasing live virtual meetings.
This position will require occasional travel.
A demo reel/writing sample portfolio is required for consideration (your role for each project must be specified).
- Bachelor's degree in Video or Film Production, Videography, Broadcast Communications or related field and five (5) years experience in video production or related field OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Working knowledge of audio/video production and editing tools (AVID and/or FinalCut) and related technologies.
- Experience performing any of the technical skills related to video production (scriptwriting, videography, editing, etc).
- A working knowledge of tape and tapeless HD formats.
- Familiarity with web content development tools and software.
- Experience in producing interviews, testimonials, training, and related corporate media.
- Ability to manage people and projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet.
1) Manage the video production process from pre-production through production and post-production, including managing pre-production work, script writing/selection, casting, staging, coordinating production (camera, lighting, audio, support, directing, etc.) and post-production work (editing and f/x to finish product release). Exercise a high-degree of confidentiality as needed.
2) Produce and deliver HD video assets for distribution via TV, DVD, web, and social media.
3) Coordinate and oversee production tasks with various parties and stakeholders; including internal employees, internal and contracted resources, 3rd party vendors and external agencies (advertisement agencies, TV stations/networks, publications, web sources).
4) Manage projects to specific budgets and timelines.
5) Work cross functionally in a corporate environment to translate functional specifications into media products.
6) Conceive ideas for individual segments and overall production(s).
7) Conduct interviews; develop scripts, and producing elements.
8) Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not required to be performed at a specific APS facility as long as adequate technology and a solid ergonomic set up are present. Pending agreement with leadership, employees hired into this role will be able to choose where they prefer to perform their work. Employees will have two options to choose from:
APS office based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from an APS facility.
Home based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from his/her home.
*Employees in Flex roles are required to reside in Arizona (or NM for Four Corners-based employees). Role types are subject to change based on business need.